Fresh Strawberry Muffins
See nutrition tips and more for our Fresh Strawberry Muffins recipe.
Smart Selection, Storage & Prep
- These muffins are best enjoyed the day they’re baked due to their high moisture content.
- If you do have leftovers, store them in a loosely covered container. A tight cover will cause the muffins to turn soggy due to that high moisture.
- Look for white whole-wheat flour alongside traditional all-purpose flour. It contains the same 100% whole-grain goodness as traditional whole-wheat flour. It’s just milder tasting and lighter in color.
- The raw sugar adds a slight crunch.
- Since these muffins are made with half whole-wheat flour, they help you reach the goal of eating more whole grains daily.
- Strawberries contain nutrients to support brain and heart health.
- Just eight medium strawberries provide more than 150 percent of your daily value for the disease-fighting vitamin C.
- Stay tuned to emerging research with strawberries, as they contain a natural compound that may help with weight management and appetite regulation.