Avocado Lime Deviled Eggs
- 1 dozen hard-cooked large eggs, peeled
- 2 medium avocados, seeded and pulp scooped out
- ¼ cup reduced fat, light mayonnaise
- 4-5 teaspoons lime juice
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
- ¼ teaspoon ground red cayenne pepper
- ½ teaspoon salt
- cilantro leaves and/or green onions, chopped, for garnish
- Avocados are rich in nearly 20 vitamins and minerals, including potassium, vitamin C and numerous B vitamins.
- Avocados contain poly and monounsaturated fats, types thought to promote better heart health.
- One-fifth of a medium avocado has only 50 calories.
Smart Selection, Storage and Prep:
- Avocados should be ripe but not mushy. Color is not always a good indicator of ripeness, so choose avocados that yield to gentle yet firm pressure.
- Avoid avocados with large indentations on the skin; this could indicate bruising.
- Refrigerate ripe avocados to slow further ripening.
- Substitute sour cream for mayonnaise if desired.